As we all know, changing brand names is not an uncommon scenario these days and it was time for Oracle Business Intelligence products with over 10+ cloud and on-premise products names to modernize and simplify into one brand – Oracle Analytics.
During the recent summit on Oracle Analytics (you can watch the recorded session here), Oracle have announced massive changes to its product lines and offerings including a simplified pricing strategy. You can check this link for roadmap on Oracle Analytics.
Now with this simplified strategy, there are only three products for customers to choose from:
- Oracle Analytics Cloud will serve as flagship offerings for stand-alone cloud analytics
- Oracle Analytics Server is essentially a re-brand of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) providing the same product that’s popular within Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC).
- Oracle Analytics for Applications will predominantly serve Oracle Fusion customers by offering pre-built BI Applications. The purpose of this product offering is to let users gain access to pre-built, auto-generated business content and insights and also reporting solutions for Fusion ERP applications. We hope that Oracle will extend the feature to include Oracle EBS for hybrid customers.
In this blog, we would like to cover specifically about Oracle Analytics Server and I will be talking about ‘Oracle Analytics Cloud’ and ‘Oracle Analytics for Applications’ in follow-up series.
Oracle Analytics Server brings the modern, industry-leading capabilities of Oracle Analytics Cloud to customers requiring on-premises deployments. Organizations can now take advantage of augmented analytics and world-class data discovery capabilities.
Oracle Analytics Server enables customers in highly regulated industries or with multi-cloud architectures to experience the latest analytics capabilities on their own terms and preferred deployment architecture. With Oracle Analytics Server, heritage systems can be maintained while a clear, easy, and seamless path to cloud is ready when you are.
Oracle Analytics Server is originated from its flagship product Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and is an on-premise version, which provides an unmatched and comprehensive business intelligence and analytics platform that delivers a full range of capabilities like interactive dashboards, ad-hoc queries, data visualisations, augmented analytics, mobile analytics, notifications/alerts, etc.
Let’s look at its key features and benefits:
- Easy-to-use ad hoc query and analysis – Provides business users an easy-to-use tool to explore the data, hiding the data structure complexity. Business Users can also combine data from multiple enterprise information source without any understanding of physical data storage.
- Self-service data visualization capabilities – Gain instant clarify to improve your business with stunning pre-built visual analysis and self-service discovery tools. With Oracle Analytics Server, business users can experience any data – anytime and anywhere.
- Augmented analytics – Oracle Analytics Server powers deeper insights by embedding machine learning and Artificial Intelligence into every aspect of the analytics process, making your job easier than ever. The user experience is also simplified with modern conversation-style analytics powered by natural-language processing.
- Pixel perfect enterprise reporting – Oracle Analytics Server allows the creation of highly formatted templates, reports and documents such as flash reports, invoices, cheques, etc. from multiple data sources including relational, multi-dimensional, web-service, XML and many more. Tight integration with the Oracle Analytics Server platform allows users to quickly and seamlessly transfer their data, layout and format of a dashboard or analysis to an output or data export file.
- Powerful geospatial mapping and visualization – Oracle Analytics Service provides an easy-way to create spatial visualization knows as map-views on data points such as country, state, highway, airline route, postal address, zip/post codes, location, etc.). These maps are fully interactive and data on the maps can be visualised using numerous formatting options including color fills, variables-sized markers, custom image markers, percentile binding, etc.
Server-Based Query, Reporting, and Analysis. Oracle Analytics Server generates queries optimized for each data source, appropriately aggregates them, and presents the results to users within a familiar web browser via easy-to-use dashboards and reports.
- Drive innovation; explore and discover new insights by combining structured and unstructured data
- Deploy business best practices for line of business analysis and financial management using packaged analytic applications
- Make insights accessible to anyone, anytime, and anywhere with mobile business intelligence
- Provide extreme performance and lower total cost of ownership with Oracle engineered systems
Talk to us about how we can help your organization with efficient reporting solutions using Oracle Analytics products: